Involved in a custody dispute? Rely on Torrence L. Howell as your child custody attorney in Upland CA.
When parents are not married, they need a child custody agreement in order to protect their rights to spend time with their kids and to participate in making important decisions related to their children’s care. When you hire Torrence L. Howell as your child custody attorney in Upland CA, you can rely on him to advocate for your child’s best interests. He will work hard to help you reach a fair custody and visitation agreement outside of court whenever possible, as this will result in the fastest and most affordable resolution. However, he will certainly not shy away from taking disputes to court when this is necessary to protect your rights and your child’s best interests.
What Factors Affect Custody Agreements?
From the court’s perspective, the most important guiding factor in any custody dispute is the best interests of the child. When determining how to assign physical and legal custody and visitation rights, the court will consider:
- Mental and physical health of the parents, as well as their moral fitness
- How long the child has lived in an environment that is stable and whether that environment can be continued
- The ability of each of the parents to provide a routine of stability for the child
- Child’s preferences, if the court determines that the child is able to make the decision
- The ability of each of the parents to meet the needs of the child developmentally
- Prior situations or convictions related to domestic violence involving one or both parents
Torrence L. Howell can help craft a strong argument for a fair child custody agreement by gathering evidence related to the above factors, enlisting the services of professionals like social workers and child psychologists as needed.
Who Can Seek Child Custody & Visitation?
California law provides for just about any individual with a strong emotional bond to a child to receive custody or at least visitation, provided that it does not interfere with the parents’ rights. This paves the way for grandparents, stepparents, and other relatives to benefit from the services of a child custody attorney in Upland CA.
One Child Custody Attorney in Upland CA for All Your Needs
With over 20 years of legal experience to his credit, Torrence L. Howell can handle all your legal needs related to child custody including:
- Seeking, Enforcing, & Modifying Orders
- Grandparents’ Rights
- Child Relocation
Call Now for a Free Consultation
If you’d like to learn more about hiring Torrence L. Howell as your child custody attorney in Upland CA, please call now to request a free initial consultation.