Wondering if your situation could qualify as domestic abuse? Contact expert domestic violence attorney Torrence L. Howell.
Just because your situation doesn’t fall into the stereotype of the physically battered and beaten spouse doesn’t mean you are not a victim of domestic violence. California’s Domestic Violence Protection Act covers a wide variety of types of abuse. Basically, if you are being subjected to any hurtful behavior designed to maintain power or control over you, you could benefit from contacting a domestic abuse attorney in Upland CA like Torrence L. Howell. Your attorney can help you escape from:
- Verbal abuse: Comments that undermine your self-worth, belittle you in front of your children, or press you into subservient and powerless position.
- Financial abuse: Actions designed to keep an intimate partner financially dependent on their abuser, such as withholding money or preventing the victim from holding a job.
- Spiritual abuse: Attacks on the victim’s religious beliefs.
- Destructive acts: Destroying property or harming pets.
- Reproductive control: Forcing a partner to get an abortion or hiding, destroying, or refusing to use birth control.
- Identity abuse: Threatening to reveal personal details central to the victim’s identity such as immigration status, religion, race, age, HIV status, gender identity, etc.
Never Assume You Are Unprotected
If you are in doubt as to whether your situation qualifies for protections such as restraining orders or even criminal actions against your abuser, your best course of action is to contact an experienced domestic violence attorney in Upland CA. Torrence L. Howell will be happy to go over the law with you as it relates to your case and help you understand your options.
Expert Defense for All Domestic Violence Accusations
If you have been accused of perpetrating any kind of domestic abuse, you can turn to Torrence L. Howell for help. He is passionate about helping clients protect their rights and interests and ensuring that allegations of abuse do not unfairly or unduly influence family law disputes such as divorce battles or custody disputes.
Call Now to Schedule Your Consultation
Torrence L. Howell offers free initial case evaluations to all clients. Call (909) 920-0908 now to schedule yours.