1365 West Foothill Boulevard Suite 2
Upland, CA 91786
Phone: (909) 920-0908
Call Today (909) 920-0908

We provide legal services
in the following areas

Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell - Providing Over 20 Years of Industry Leading Experience in Family Law, Business Law and Criminal Law
Area of Practices

Can I request a new judge in Family Court?

You can request a new judge in Family Court, but it is not easy to do so successfully. Judges are typically assigned on a set rotation, and if you are having a problem with your judge, you can request that the judge be replaced by another. However, you must have specific grounds for this request, including if the person has a personal connection with you, your ex-spouse, or your family. You can also request a new judge if you believe the assigned one is biased or prejudiced against you. To do so, you must file a motion or petition with the court to officially request a new judge.


Case Evaluation

Tell us about your case.

default image

My ex-wife hired an attorney which prompted me to do so for our divorce. Torrence Howell was highly recommended from a friend of mine who used Torrence’s services for a divorce just like mine. The results came out much better than he ever thought it would. With all things being equal I felt Torrence would

-Anonymous May 23, 2018

Google Plus Facebook Avvo