1365 West Foothill Boulevard Suite 2
Upland, CA 91786
Phone: (909) 920-0908
Call Today (909) 920-0908

We provide legal services
in the following areas

Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell - Providing Over 20 Years of Industry Leading Experience in Family Law, Business Law and Criminal Law
Area of Practices

Can you stop a divorce once it’s been filed?

Yes, you can stop a divorce once it’s been filed. In California, in order to stop a divorce that was filed, the petitioner needs to file a Request for Dismissal before their spouse responded to their filing, and also prior to any judgment is entered. If the spouse has already responded to the divorce filing, then they would need to be served with the Request for Dismissal and sign it. The petitioner would then need to file the Request for Dismissal with the court.


Case Evaluation

Tell us about your case.

default image

My ex-wife hired an attorney which prompted me to do so for our divorce. Torrence Howell was highly recommended from a friend of mine who used Torrence’s services for a divorce just like mine. The results came out much better than he ever thought it would. With all things being equal I felt Torrence would

-Anonymous May 23, 2018

Google Plus Facebook Avvo