1365 West Foothill Boulevard Suite 2
Upland, CA 91786
Phone: (909) 920-0908
Call Today (909) 920-0908

We provide legal services
in the following areas

Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell - Providing Over 20 Years of Industry Leading Experience in Family Law, Business Law and Criminal Law
Area of Practices

How can I reduce my alimony payments?

There are 4 main steps to take to reduce spousal support or alimony payments in California. The process can be complex and confusing so it’s best to have an experienced attorney on your side.

The first step is to examine and understand the current order. Next, you should identify the change of circumstances that has occurred since the order. This can include losing your job, a reduction in your income, a change in lifestyle of financial status of you or your ex-spouse, or your ex-spouse cohabiting with someone their intimately involved with. The next step is to gather the evidence necessary to show that a material change of circumstances has occurred. Your attorney can help you determine what evidence will be required.

After all this has occurred, the final step is for your attorney to draft and submit a modification and reduction of spousal support request.



Case Evaluation

Tell us about your case.

default image

My ex-wife hired an attorney which prompted me to do so for our divorce. Torrence Howell was highly recommended from a friend of mine who used Torrence’s services for a divorce just like mine. The results came out much better than he ever thought it would. With all things being equal I felt Torrence would

-Anonymous May 23, 2018

Google Plus Facebook Avvo