Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Alta Loma CA.
There is a very simple test to use to determine if you need to consult a domestic violence lawyer in Alta Loma CA.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you have answered yes to either question, do not hesitate to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Some domestic violence disputes do center around violent physical attacks. However, it is important to understand that the law also protects against non-violent types of abuse, such as:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Some of these categories can encompass a lot of different behaviors, so you might be wondering what the official definitions are and how this applies to your case. The best way to understand if you qualify for protection under the law is to discuss your case with an experienced domestic violence lawyer in Alta Loma CA such as Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Alta Loma CA
The services provided by a domestic violence lawyer in Alta Loma CA include three main activities:
- First of all, attorneys help victims secure the protective orders needed to protect themselves and their children.
- Second, lawyers can defend individuals facing criminal charges for domestic violence to make sure their legal rights are respected.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Alta Loma CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For instance, a lawyer’s help would be needed to fight back against attempts to unfairly deny an alleged abuser access to their children.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in Alta Loma CA. You can rely on him to work hard to protect your rights and interests throughout all relevant legal proceedings.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
We invite you to call (909) 920-0908 now to plan a time to meet with Torrence L. Howell for a free, confidential consultation about your case.