Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Chino Hills CA.
There is a very simple test to use to determine if you need to consult a domestic violence lawyer in Chino Hills CA.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative–whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser–you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Any kind of bodily attack, whether it is severe enough to land the victim in the hospital or something that leaves no mark like hair pulling, can be considered domestic violence. Though physical attacks may be what we most often associate with a domestic violence dispute, many other kinds of non-violent abuse can also give legal grounds for a dispute:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Some of these categories can encompass a lot of different behaviors, so you might be wondering what the official definitions are and how this applies to your case. The best way to understand if you qualify for protection under the law is to discuss your case with an experienced domestic violence lawyer attorney in Chino Hills CA such as Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Chino Hills CA
A domestic violence lawyer in Chino Hills CA provides assistance with three important legal activities related to domestic violence disputes:
- First, if you are the victim of domestic violence, your lawyer can help you secure protective orders against your abuser.
- Secondly, if you are accused of domestic violence, your lawyer can represent you in any criminal case that may result.
- Finally, a domestic violence lawyer in Chino Hills CA can help any individual with the potential fallout of the domestic violence incident on family law issues. For example, they might help file divorce papers and facilitate negotiations in a case of spousal abuse.
In order to provide all these services, a domestic violence lawyer in Chino Hills CA needs to have a strong background in family law and criminal law. This is exactly what you get when you hire Torrence L. Howell, an attorney with over 20 years of experience and a strong track record of getting excellent results for his clients. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
If you would like expert advice about your unique situation, please call the Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell at (909) 920-0908 now to schedule a free initial consultation.