Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Claremont CA.
There is a very simple test to use to determine if you need to consult a domestic violence lawyer in Claremont CA.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative–whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser–you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Any kind of bodily attack, whether it is severe enough to land the victim in the hospital or something that leaves no mark like hair pulling, can be considered domestic violence. Though physical attacks may be what we most often associate with a domestic violence dispute, many other kinds of non-violent abuse can also give legal grounds for a dispute:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
As you can see, the list of potential acts that could be considered abuse is quite broad. You might understandably wonder how events in your life fit into this. The best way to understand if you qualify for protection under the law is to discuss your case with an experienced domestic violence lawyer in Claremont CA such as Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Claremont CA
A domestic violence lawyer in Claremont CA provides assistance with three important legal activities related to domestic violence disputes:
- First, if you are the victim of domestic violence, your lawyer can help you secure protective orders against your abuser.
- Secondly, an attorney helps individuals accused of domestic violence defend themselves in criminal court.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Claremont CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For example, they might help file divorce papers and facilitate negotiations in a case of spousal abuse.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in Claremont CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
For personalized and confidential advice about your domestic violence case, please call (909) 920-0908 to schedule a free initial consultation with Torrence L. Howell.