Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Corona CA.
Sometimes people make the decision of whether or not to call a domestic violence lawyer in Corona CA more complicated than it needs to be. Don’t worry about the legal details of your case. Just ask yourself:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If the answer to either of these two questions is yes, you need to contact an experienced domestic violence lawyer right away.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Domestic violence cases often involve physical violence, such as kicking, punching, slapping, biting, choking, and other forms of bodily attacks. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Some of these categories can encompass a lot of different behaviors, so you might be wondering what the official definitions are and how this applies to your case. To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer attorney in Corona CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Corona CA
A domestic violence lawyer in Corona CA provides assistance with three important legal activities related to domestic violence disputes:
- First, if you are the victim of domestic violence, your lawyer can help you secure protective orders against your abuser.
- Secondly, an attorney helps individuals accused of domestic violence defend themselves in criminal court.
- Third, a domestic violence lawyer in Corona CA can help with any family law issues that may arise out of the domestic violence dispute. For instance, a lawyer’s help would be needed to fight back against attempts to unfairly deny an alleged abuser access to their children.
Because Torrence L. Howell has a strong background in both family law and criminal law, he can provide all the services you need from your domestic violence lawyer in Corona CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
If you would like expert advice about your unique situation, please call the Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell at (909) 920-0908 now to schedule a free initial consultation.