Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Diamond Bar CA.
If you’re not sure if your situation justifies calling a domestic violence lawyer in Diamond Bar CA, just try this simple two-question test.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If the answer to either of these two questions is yes, you need to contact an experienced domestic violence lawyer right away.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Domestic violence cases often involve physical violence, such as kicking, punching, slapping, biting, choking, and other forms of bodily attacks. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? The best way to get the answers you need is to ask a domestic violence lawyer in Diamond Bar CA about your case. Torrence L. Howell will be happy to answer all your questions in a confidential meeting.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Diamond Bar CA
There are three main ways a domestic violence lawyer in Diamond Bar CA can help in your case.
- First, if you are the victim of domestic violence, your lawyer can help you secure protective orders against your abuser.
- Secondly, if you are accused of domestic violence, your lawyer can represent you in any criminal case that may result.
- Third, a domestic violence lawyer in Diamond Bar CA can help with any family law issues that may arise out of the domestic violence dispute. This may involve helping married couples divorce and helping accused individuals maintain appropriate rights to and contact with their children.
Because Torrence L. Howell has a strong background in both family law and criminal law, he can provide all the services you need from your domestic violence lawyer in Diamond Bar CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
We invite you to call (909) 920-0908 now to plan a time to meet with Torrence L. Howell for a free, confidential consultation about your case.