Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Fontana CA.
Sometimes people make the decision of whether or not to call a domestic violence lawyer in Fontana CA more complicated than it needs to be. Don’t worry about the legal details of your case. Just ask yourself:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you have answered yes to either question, do not hesitate to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Any kind of bodily attack, whether it is severe enough to land the victim in the hospital or something that leaves no mark like hair pulling, can be considered domestic violence. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? The best way to understand if you qualify for protection under the law is to discuss your case with an experienced domestic violence lawyer attorney in Fontana CA such as Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Fontana CA
The services provided by a domestic violence lawyer in Fontana CA include three main activities:
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Secondly, if you are accused of domestic violence, your lawyer can represent you in any criminal case that may result.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Fontana CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For example, they might help file divorce papers and facilitate negotiations in a case of spousal abuse.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in Fontana CA. You can rely on him to work hard to protect your rights and interests throughout all relevant legal proceedings.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
We invite you to call (909) 920-0908 now to plan a time to meet with Torrence L. Howell for a free, confidential consultation about your case.