Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Glendora CA.
If you’re not sure if your situation justifies calling a domestic violence lawyer in Glendora CA, just try this simple two-question test.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Domestic violence cases often involve physical violence, such as kicking, punching, slapping, biting, choking, and other forms of bodily attacks. However, it is important to understand that the law also protects against non-violent types of abuse, such as:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
As you can see, the list of potential acts that could be considered abuse is quite broad. You might understandably wonder how events in your life fit into this. To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in Glendora CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Glendora CA
The services provided by a domestic violence lawyer in Glendora CA include three main activities:
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Secondly, an attorney helps individuals accused of domestic violence defend themselves in criminal court.
- Finally, a domestic violence lawyer attorney in Glendora CA can help any individual with the potential fallout of the domestic violence incident on family law issues. This may involve helping married couples divorce and helping accused individuals maintain appropriate rights to and contact with their children.
In order to provide all these services, a domestic violence lawyer attorney in Glendora CA needs to have a strong background in family law and criminal law. This is exactly what you get when you hire Torrence L. Howell, an attorney with over 20 years of experience and a strong track record of getting excellent results for his clients. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
If you would like expert advice about your unique situation, please call the Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell at (909) 920-0908 now to schedule a free initial consultation.