Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in La Verne CA.
Sometimes people make the decision of whether or not to call a domestic violence lawyer in La Verne CA more complicated than it needs to be. Don’t worry about the legal details of your case. Just ask yourself:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you have answered yes to either question, do not hesitate to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Some domestic violence disputes do center around violent physical attacks. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Some of these categories can encompass a lot of different behaviors, so you might be wondering what the official definitions are and how this applies to your case. To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in La Verne CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in La Verne CA
There are three main ways a domestic violence lawyer in La Verne CA can help in your case.
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Secondly, if you are accused of domestic violence, your lawyer can represent you in any criminal case that may result.
- Third, a domestic violence lawyer in La Verne CA can help with any family law issues that may arise out of the domestic violence dispute. For example, they might help file divorce papers and facilitate negotiations in a case of spousal abuse.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in La Verne CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
If you would like expert advice about your unique situation, please call the Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell at (909) 920-0908 now to schedule a free initial consultation.