Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Montclair CA.
Wondering if you should call a domestic violence lawyer in Montclair? Just ask yourself these two questions:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative–whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser–you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Any kind of bodily attack, whether it is severe enough to land the victim in the hospital or something that leaves no mark like hair pulling, can be considered domestic violence. However, it is important to understand that the law also protects against non-violent types of abuse, such as:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in Montclair CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Montclair CA
The services provided by a domestic violence lawyer in Montclair CA include three main activities:
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Second, lawyers can defend individuals facing criminal charges for domestic violence to make sure their legal rights are respected.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Montclair CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For instance, a lawyer’s help would be needed to fight back against attempts to unfairly deny an alleged abuser access to their children.
Because Torrence L. Howell has a strong background in both family law and criminal law, he can provide all the services you need from your domestic violence lawyer in Montclair CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
For personalized and confidential advice about your domestic violence case, please call (909) 920-0908 to schedule a free initial consultation with Torrence L. Howell.