Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Norco CA.
Sometimes people make the decision of whether or not to call a domestic violence lawyer in Norco CA more complicated than it needs to be. Don’t worry about the legal details of your case. Just ask yourself:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative–whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser–you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Domestic violence cases often involve physical violence, such as kicking, punching, slapping, biting, choking, and other forms of bodily attacks. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? The best way to understand if you qualify for protection under the law is to discuss your case with an experienced domestic violence lawyer in Norco CA such as Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Norco CA
A domestic violence lawyer in Norco CA provides assistance with three important legal activities related to domestic violence disputes:
- First, if you are the victim of domestic violence, your lawyer can help you secure protective orders against your abuser.
- Secondly, an attorney helps individuals accused of domestic violence defend themselves in criminal court.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Norco CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For instance, a lawyer’s help would be needed to fight back against attempts to unfairly deny an alleged abuser access to their children.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in Norco CA. You can rely on him to work hard to protect your rights and interests throughout all relevant legal proceedings.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
We invite you to call (909) 920-0908 now to plan a time to meet with Torrence L. Howell for a free, confidential consultation about your case.