Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Ontario CA.
If you’re not sure if your situation justifies calling a domestic violence lawyer in Ontario CA, just try this simple two-question test.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If the answer to either of these two questions is yes, you need to contact an experienced domestic violence lawyer right away.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Any kind of bodily attack, whether it is severe enough to land the victim in the hospital or something that leaves no mark like hair pulling, can be considered domestic violence. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? The best way to get the answers you need is to ask a domestic violence lawyer in Ontario CA about your case. Torrence L. Howell will be happy to answer all your questions in a confidential meeting.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Ontario CA
There are three main ways a domestic violence lawyer in Ontario CA can help in your case.
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Second, lawyers can defend individuals facing criminal charges for domestic violence to make sure their legal rights are respected.
- Third, a domestic violence lawyer in Ontario CA can help with any family law issues that may arise out of the domestic violence dispute. For example, they might help file divorce papers and facilitate negotiations in a case of spousal abuse.
In order to provide all these services, a domestic violence lawyer in Ontario CA needs to have a strong background in family law and criminal law. This is exactly what you get when you hire Torrence L. Howell, an attorney with over 20 years of experience and a strong track record of getting excellent results for his clients. You can rely on him to work hard to protect your rights and interests throughout all relevant legal proceedings.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
If you would like expert advice about your unique situation, please call the Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell at (909) 920-0908 now to schedule a free initial consultation.