Get expert advice about support payments from your alimony lawyer in Pomona CA.
Alimony orders are most often included as part of a divorce or separation agreement. However, alimony may also be ordered in cases where a domestic violence restraining order has been issued. Whatever circumstances may have led to your concerns about alimony, you can get help from Torrence L. Howell. As an alimony lawyer in Pomona CA that also has extensive experience in all kinds of family law issues, he can use all the strategies at his disposal to make sure you get the fairest possible support order in even the most complicated case.
How Much is Enough When it Comes to Alimony?
Emotions can run high during a divorce or separation, and sometimes this can lead people to push for unfair alimony amounts. For an objective idea of what amount of alimony to expect, let your alimony attorney in Pomona CA come up with a figure based on the following factors that the court will consider when setting alimony:
- How long the couple was married
- The income or earning capacity of each person
- The age and health of each person
- The standard of living shared during the marriage
- Childcare responsibilities of the supported partner
- Any history of domestic violence
Alimony Doesn’t Have to Last Forever
The court is going to grant a “permanent” alimony order, but this doesn’t necessarily mean payments will continue indefinitely. Depending on the circumstances, you may end up with one of the following three kinds of permanent alimony orders:
- Transitional Alimony: A one-time payment to help the supported spouse with a specific activity related to independence like moving or buying a new car.
- Rehabilitative Alimony: Recurring alimony payments will be required for the period of time the court deems sufficient for the supported spouse to re-enter the job market and become self-supporting.
- Lifetime Alimony: If spouses were married 10 years or more, truly permanent alimony may be ordered. Monthly payments will continue until the supported spouse remarries or the spouse paying support passes away.
Whether you are the spouse paying support or the one receiving it, your alimony lawyer in Pomona CA will work hard to ensure you receive a fair and appropriate order.
Need Alimony Modifications? Your Alimony Lawyer in Pomona CA Can Help
Even in cases where lifetime alimony is ordered, there may be opportunity to revise the order to reflect changing support needs. If you believe an alimony modification is in order, ask your alimony lawyer in Pomona CA right away. Your lawyer can help you make strong case for the modification and file the modification petition for you.
Fight for Fair Alimony with Help from Torrence L. Howell
Are you ready to stand up for your right to a fair alimony agreement? Torrence L. Howell will do everything in your power to support you as your alimony lawyer in Pomona CA. You can learn more about Attorney Howell by calling (909) 920-0908 to set up a free initial consultation.