Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Pomona CA.
Sometimes people make the decision of whether or not to call a domestic violence lawyer in Pomona CA more complicated than it needs to be. Don’t worry about the legal details of your case. Just ask yourself:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you have answered yes to either question, do not hesitate to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Some domestic violence disputes do center around violent physical attacks. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
As you can see, the list of potential acts that could be considered abuse is quite broad. You might understandably wonder how events in your life fit into this. To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in Pomona CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Pomona CA
There are three main ways a domestic violence lawyer in Pomona CA can help in your case.
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Second, lawyers can defend individuals facing criminal charges for domestic violence to make sure their legal rights are respected.
- Third, a domestic violence lawyer in Pomona CA can help with any family law issues that may arise out of the domestic violence dispute. For instance, a lawyer’s help would be needed to fight back against attempts to unfairly deny an alleged abuser access to their children.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in Pomona CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
We invite you to call (909) 920-0908 now to plan a time to meet with Torrence L. Howell for a free, confidential consultation about your case.