Get expert advice about support payments from your alimony lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA.
When a legal marriage or domestic partnership ends, or when a domestic violence restraining order is issued to protect one party from the other, an alimony order will typically be included. Regardless of the reason you are now concerned about alimony, you can turn to Torrence L. Howell for help. In addition to being an experienced alimony lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA, Torrence L. Howell also has a detailed understanding of all the family law issues that can go along with and inform alimony issues. He will work hard to make sure your alimony agreement is fair.
How Much is Enough When it Comes to Alimony?
Emotions can run high during a divorce or separation, and sometimes this can lead people to push for unfair alimony amounts. For an objective idea of what amount of alimony to expect, let your alimony attorney in Rancho Cucamonga CA come up with a figure based on the following factors that the court will consider when setting alimony:
- How long the couple was married
- The income or earning capacity of each person
- The age and health of each person
- The standard of living shared during the marriage
- Childcare responsibilities of the supported partner
- Any history of domestic violence
Alimony Doesn’t Have to Last Forever
The court is going to grant a “permanent” alimony order, but this doesn’t necessarily mean payments will continue indefinitely. Depending on the circumstances, you may end up with one of the following three kinds of permanent alimony orders:
- Transitional Alimony: May be awarded when the supported partner needs a one-time payment to help them move, buy a new car, or complete some other task that will enable them to transition to a separate household.
- Rehabilitative Alimony: Monthly payments awarded for a set period of time (typically up to half the length of the marriage) to allow a partner to develop marketable skills and become self-supporting.
- Lifetime Alimony: If spouses were married 10 years or more, truly permanent alimony may be ordered. Monthly payments will continue until the supported spouse remarries or the spouse paying support passes away.
Whichever side of the alimony equation you may be on, you will need a dedicated alimony lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA on your side to make sure the facts of the case are presented correctly and your receive a fair and appropriate alimony order.
Need Alimony Modifications? Your Alimony Lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA Can Help
When circumstances merit, you can petition for an alimony modification to ensure the order remains fair as years go by. If you believe an alimony modification is in order, ask your alimony lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA right away. Your lawyer can help you make strong case for the modification and file the modification petition for you.
Fight for Fair Alimony with Help from Torrence L. Howell
Are you ready to stand up for your right to a fair alimony agreement? Torrence L. Howell will do everything in your power to support you as your alimony lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA. Please call (909) 920-0908 now to schedule a free initial consultation and learn more.