Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA.
There is a very simple test to use to determine if you need to consult a domestic violence lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you have answered yes to either question, do not hesitate to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Domestic violence cases often involve physical violence, such as kicking, punching, slapping, biting, choking, and other forms of bodily attacks. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Some of these categories can encompass a lot of different behaviors, so you might be wondering what the official definitions are and how this applies to your case. To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA
The services provided by a domestic violence lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA include three main activities:
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Secondly, an attorney helps individuals accused of domestic violence defend themselves in criminal court.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For instance, a lawyer’s help would be needed to fight back against attempts to unfairly deny an alleged abuser access to their children.
In order to provide all these services, a domestic violence lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga CA needs to have a strong background in family law and criminal law. This is exactly what you get when you hire Torrence L. Howell, an attorney with over 20 years of experience and a strong track record of getting excellent results for his clients. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
For personalized and confidential advice about your domestic violence case, please call (909) 920-0908 to schedule a free initial consultation with Torrence L. Howell.