Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in San Antonio Heights CA.
Wondering if you should call a domestic violence lawyer in San Antonio Heights? Just ask yourself these two questions:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If the answer to either of these two questions is yes, you need to contact an experienced domestic violence lawyer right away.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Some domestic violence disputes do center around violent physical attacks. Though physical attacks may be what we most often associate with a domestic violence dispute, many other kinds of non-violent abuse can also give legal grounds for a dispute:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Some of these categories can encompass a lot of different behaviors, so you might be wondering what the official definitions are and how this applies to your case. To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in San Antonio Heights CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in San Antonio Heights CA
The services provided by a domestic violence lawyer in San Antonio Heights CA include three main activities:
- First, if you are the victim of domestic violence, your lawyer can help you secure protective orders against your abuser.
- Secondly, an attorney helps individuals accused of domestic violence defend themselves in criminal court.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in San Antonio Heights CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For instance, a lawyer’s help would be needed to fight back against attempts to unfairly deny an alleged abuser access to their children.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in San Antonio Heights CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
For personalized and confidential advice about your domestic violence case, please call (909) 920-0908 to schedule a free initial consultation with Torrence L. Howell.