Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Upland CA.
There is a very simple test to use to determine if you need to consult a domestic violence lawyer in Upland CA.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative–whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser–you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Some domestic violence disputes do center around violent physical attacks. Though physical attacks may be what we most often associate with a domestic violence dispute, many other kinds of non-violent abuse can also give legal grounds for a dispute:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Some of these categories can encompass a lot of different behaviors, so you might be wondering what the official definitions are and how this applies to your case. To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in Upland CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Upland CA
The services provided by a domestic violence lawyer in Upland CA include three main activities:
- First of all, attorneys help victims secure the protective orders needed to protect themselves and their children.
- Secondly, an attorney helps individuals accused of domestic violence defend themselves in criminal court.
- Finally, a domestic violence lawyer in Upland CA can help any individual with the potential fallout of the domestic violence incident on family law issues. This may involve helping married couples divorce and helping accused individuals maintain appropriate rights to and contact with their children.
In order to provide all these services, a domestic violence lawyer in Upland CA needs to have a strong background in family law and criminal law. This is exactly what you get when you hire Torrence L. Howell, an attorney with over 20 years of experience and a strong track record of getting excellent results for his clients. You can rely on him to work hard to protect your rights and interests throughout all relevant legal proceedings.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
If you would like expert advice about your unique situation, please call the Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell at (909) 920-0908 now to schedule a free initial consultation.