Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Walnut CA.
There is a very simple test to use to determine if you need to consult a domestic violence lawyer in Walnut CA.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative–whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser–you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Any kind of bodily attack, whether it is severe enough to land the victim in the hospital or something that leaves no mark like hair pulling, can be considered domestic violence. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? The best way to understand if you qualify for protection under the law is to discuss your case with an experienced domestic violence lawyer in Walnut CA such as Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Walnut CA
There are three main ways a domestic violence lawyer in Walnut CA can help in your case.
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Second, lawyers can defend individuals facing criminal charges for domestic violence to make sure their legal rights are respected.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Walnut CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. This may involve helping married couples divorce and helping accused individuals maintain appropriate rights to and contact with their children.
Because Torrence L. Howell has a strong background in both family law and criminal law, he can provide all the services you need from your domestic violence lawyer in Walnut CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
We invite you to call (909) 920-0908 now to plan a time to meet with Torrence L. Howell for a free, confidential consultation about your case.