1365 West Foothill Boulevard Suite 2
Upland, CA 91786
Phone: (909) 920-0908
Call Today (909) 920-0908

We provide legal services
in the following areas

Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell - Providing Over 20 Years of Industry Leading Experience in Family Law, Business Law and Criminal Law
Area of Practices

How to Change Child Custody Agreements in the State of California

How to Change Child Custody Agreements in the State of California

It’s not unusual when one or both parents no longer feels like their child custody agreement is suitable. Things may have recently changed for one of the caregivers, the needs of the child involved may have changed, or both. Changes like these may be completely inevitable, but nonetheless, they often necessitate that the current child custody agreement is amended accordingly.

If you’re interested in changing your child custody agreement in California, read on for more information on how to do that.

It’s Time to Ask for a Court Hearing

First things first: it’s time to ask the court for an amendment to the custody and visitation order. But in order to do so, you must prove that there has been a change in circumstances from the time the custody was originally prepared. The change in circumstances should be in the best interests of the child involved and should be significant enough to require an amendment from the start.

To request a court hearing for child custody changes, you must fill out the appropriate court forms, allow the family law facilitator at your local court to review the forms, file your forms with the clerk at your local court, and then after approval and when you get your court date, it’s time to have someone serve papers to the other parent.

Hire a Family Law Attorney in California Today

Going through court to deal with a change in child custody is easier said than done. This is especially true when the other parent is not in agreeance or when neither parent knows exactly what’s in the best interest for the child as circumstances or situations change.

It might be complicated dealing with child custody changes, but one way to make the child custody amendment process go smoother is to hire a Family Law attorney to assist you in making all the right decisions. And if there is a need to prove that the other parent is unfit for custody or if you need to prove that you’re suitable enough to gain more custody or visitation rights for your child, the right attorney can most definitely do that.

Torrence L. Howell, an attorney in the state of California, is the right man for the job. Several years of experience make him a reliable match for many individuals looking to make changes to their custody and visitation agreement.

Dial (909) 920-0908 to get a consultation from Torrence L. Howell.


Case Evaluation

Tell us about your case.

default image

My ex-wife hired an attorney which prompted me to do so for our divorce. Torrence Howell was highly recommended from a friend of mine who used Torrence’s services for a divorce just like mine. The results came out much better than he ever thought it would. With all things being equal I felt Torrence would

-Anonymous May 23, 2018

Google Plus Facebook Avvo