Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in Etiwanda CA.
There is a very simple test to use to determine if you need to consult a domestic violence lawyer in Etiwanda CA.
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you have answered yes to either question, do not hesitate to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Any kind of bodily attack, whether it is severe enough to land the victim in the hospital or something that leaves no mark like hair pulling, can be considered domestic violence. Though physical attacks may be what we most often associate with a domestic violence dispute, many other kinds of non-violent abuse can also give legal grounds for a dispute:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? To learn more about different types of abuse and the types of evidence needed to prove them in the eyes of the law, contact a knowledgeable domestic violence lawyer in Etiwanda CA like Torrence L. Howell.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in Etiwanda CA
There are three main ways a domestic violence lawyer in Etiwanda CA can help in your case.
- First of all, attorneys help victims secure the protective orders needed to protect themselves and their children.
- Secondly, if you are accused of domestic violence, your lawyer can represent you in any criminal case that may result.
- Perhaps just as importantly, a domestic violence lawyer in Etiwanda CA can also provide representation and advice in navigating the family law issues that often go hand in hand with domestic violence. For example, they might help file divorce papers and facilitate negotiations in a case of spousal abuse.
In order to provide all these services, a domestic violence lawyer in Etiwanda CA needs to have a strong background in family law and criminal law. This is exactly what you get when you hire Torrence L. Howell, an attorney with over 20 years of experience and a strong track record of getting excellent results for his clients. You can rely on him to work hard to protect your rights and interests throughout all relevant legal proceedings.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
For personalized and confidential advice about your domestic violence case, please call (909) 920-0908 to schedule a free initial consultation with Torrence L. Howell.