1365 West Foothill Boulevard Suite 2
Upland, CA 91786
Phone: (909) 920-0908
Call Today (909) 920-0908

We provide legal services
in the following areas

Law Offices of Torrence L. Howell - Providing Over 20 Years of Industry Leading Experience in Family Law, Business Law and Criminal Law
Area of Practices

Custody Modifications in Norco CA

Child Custody ModificationsBy default, married couples have joint custody of any children they may have. Unmarried couples and divorced or separated couples, however, have their legal and physical custodial responsibilities designated through child custody agreements. Depending on the needs and preferences of the parents, as well as any extenuating circumstances, custody agreements can provide for shared custody on an equal basis, sole custody with visitation rights for the other parent, or something in between.

Once a custody agreement has been established, parents must abide by it. The only way to change the custody agreement is by hiring an attorney like Torrence L Howell to file a legal petition for custody modifications Norco CA.

Reasons for custody modifications Norco CA may include:

  • Drug use
  • Criminal activity
  • Mental health deterioration
  • Improved behavior of non-custodial spouse
  • Mutual parental preference
  • Death of primary custodian

For example, if you currently share physical custody of your kids but their other parent suddenly passes on, you will naturally need to amend the agreement in order to secure sole custody of your kids. In this case, there will be little chance for the request for custody modifications Norco CA to be denied, provided you are a fit parent yourself. Still, you will want an attorney’s assistance in filing the paperwork and handling the legal details.

When considering custody modification, remember that there are two types of custody to consider: legal custody and physical custody. Legal custody is the right to make choices regarding the child’s health, education, and welfare, while physical custody is the right to have the child in your physical presence and care. Often, legal custody can be shared equally even if physical custody is not.


Case Evaluation

Tell us about your case.

default image

My ex-wife hired an attorney which prompted me to do so for our divorce. Torrence Howell was highly recommended from a friend of mine who used Torrence’s services for a divorce just like mine. The results came out much better than he ever thought it would. With all things being equal I felt Torrence would

-Anonymous May 23, 2018

Google Plus Facebook Avvo