Victims of abuse and individuals accused of abuse can get help from a domestic violence lawyer in San Dimas CA.
Sometimes people make the decision of whether or not to call a domestic violence lawyer in San Dimas CA more complicated than it needs to be. Don’t worry about the legal details of your case. Just ask yourself:
- Have you been the victim of any type of abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a spouse, former spouse, dating partner, co-parent, or close relative?
- Have you been accused to perpetrating abuse against one of these parties?
If you answer either question in the affirmative–whether you are in the position of the abused or the abuser–you should contact a lawyer at the first opportunity to help protect your rights.
Domestic Violence Is Not Always Violent
Domestic violence cases often involve physical violence, such as kicking, punching, slapping, biting, choking, and other forms of bodily attacks. However, there are many other non-violent ways to harm or control a person that can also be considered domestic violence. Examples include:
- Threats of violence
- Mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Destructive acts
- Reproductive control
- Denying medication
- Forcing alcohol or drug use
- Forced financial dependence
Wondering how to figure out when one of these behaviors crosses the line into abuse? The best way to get the answers you need is to ask a domestic violence lawyer in San Dimas CA about your case. Torrence L. Howell will be happy to answer all your questions in a confidential meeting.
Services Offered by a Domestic Violence Lawyer in San Dimas CA
There are three main ways a domestic violence lawyer in San Dimas CA can help in your case.
- Number one, lawyers help victims navigate the court system and get the protective orders they need to keep abusers from contacting them or their children.
- Secondly, if you are accused of domestic violence, your lawyer can represent you in any criminal case that may result.
- Third, a domestic violence lawyer in San Dimas CA can help with any family law issues that may arise out of the domestic violence dispute. For example, they might help file divorce papers and facilitate negotiations in a case of spousal abuse.
As a seasoned attorney with over 20 years of experience in family law and criminal law, Torrence L. Howell is the ideal choice for your domestic violence lawyer in San Dimas CA. He can handle any legal issue that comes up with professionalism and dedication to secure the best possible result for you and your family.
Call Now for Your Confidential Consultation
We invite you to call (909) 920-0908 now to plan a time to meet with Torrence L. Howell for a free, confidential consultation about your case.